SAVES THE DAY RELEASE THROUGH BEING COOL SPECIAL EDITION REISSUE FOR 20th ANNIVERSARY
Today, Saves The Day celebrated the reissue of their seminal 1999 full-length Through Being Cool in partnership with Equal Vision Records. The double LP includes a remastered version of the album alongside nine never before heard album demos, recorded in their basement and during a live session from the same time period, as well as an exclusive accompanying booklet. To mark the momentous occasion of Through Being Cool turning twenty years old, the band will be performing the album in its entirety at four sold-out shows in New Jersey, New York, Anaheim and Los Angeles. The reissue can be streamed digitally here and the vinyl is available here.
This November marks twenty years since Saves The Day released their pivotal full-length Through Being Cool, just two short years into their storied career. With Chris Conley still at the helm, the band continues to evolve two decades into their creative journey while still embracing their past – most recently with their aptly titled ninth album, 9. This latest record offers the first ever autobiographical look into the band’s history in a way that is as exhaustive as it is poetic, inviting the listener to experience an intimate look inside the songwriting process.
It’s only fitting that one year after Saves The Day released an album that lyrically serves as a career retrospective, we are preparing to revisit the record that helped shape an era of music and propelled the band from New Jersey underground standouts to international mainstream success. Through Being Cool has maintained its immediacy through the ebbs and flows of influence emo and pop-punk have had on the greater musical world. It is consistently recognized as a pillar of how to successfully blur the lines between hardcore, punk and emo which has become standard practice for a generation of bands influenced by Saves The Day.
This Fall, Saves The Day will celebrate the 20th anniversary of Through Being Cool via a re-release with Equal Vision Records. This special edition of one of emo’s defining records will be remastered, repackaged and include additional never-before-heard demos that eventually would become Through Being Cool. It is a must for any longtime fan and, if you’re just discovering Saves The Day now, a great excuse to dive deep into a record that serves as the foundation of who they are as a band.
1. All-Star Me
2. You Vandal
3. Shoulder To The Wheel
4. Rocks Tonic Juice Magic
5. Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots
6. Third Engine
7. My Sweet Fracture
8. The Vast Spoils Of America (From The Badlands Through The Ocean)
9. The Last Lie I Told
10. Do You Know What I Love The Most?
11. Through Being Cool
12. Banned From The Back Porch
1. All-Star Me (Basement Demos)
2. My Sweet Fracture (Basement Demos)
3. Shoulder To The Wheel (Basement Demos)
4. Hold (Basement Demos)
5. Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots (Basement Demos)
6. Banned From The Back Porch (Basement Demos)
7. The Last Lie I Told (Basement Demos)
8. Through Being Cool (Basement Demos)
9. The Vast Spoils Of America (From The Badlands Through The Ocean) (Basement Demos)
10. All-Star Me (Live Session)
11. The Choke (Live Session)
12. Shoulder To The Wheel (Live Session)
13. Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots (Live Session)
14. The Last Lie I Told (Live Session)
15. The Vast Spoils Of America (From The Badlands Through The Ocean) (Live Session)
16. Houses & Billboards (Live Session)
17. Hold (Live Session)
20th Anniversary Shows (SOLD OUT)
11/02 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
11/03 – Brooklyn, NY @ Elsewhere
11/09 – Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues
11/10 Los Angeles, CA @ Bootleg Theater